Monday, December 15, 2008

At this Rate, She's Getting Nothing For Christmas



Forget what they say about terrible two's, Lucy is quite the delightful child.

She has decided that she wants to be potty trained. All on her own. And she has had only one accident in the last two weeks! Unbelievable!

We are loving it.
She even "helps" clean up her little Baby Bjorn potty by dumping it in the big potty and flushing. Isn't that sweet?

That's has led her to LOVING to flush the big potty.

Well, over the weekend we noticed a considerable slowing in the power of the water flow in the big potty. We plunged and plunged and it made no difference.

So this morning, I was in the middle of the potty time and I asked Asher is he saw anything other than "potty" things end up in the potty. What did he tell me?

A duck. A rubber duck.

So, I had to go call a plumber and have them come out to the house and work that snake over for about 30 minutes. By the time he had cleared the obstruction, this man was sweating. Sweating like crazy.

But, you know...once you have a plumber in your house; you just go ahead and have him fix up other things. The temperature control in our showers are pretty jacked up and make me frustrated a daily basis, so I had him fix them.

It is bliss to have them corrected. So, thank goodness Lucy went ahead and flush that dadgum ducky down the toilet. I got to have my shower fixed!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Way to make lemonade out of lemons! Glad your shower is all fixed, even if it took a rubber duck down the toilet to call in a plumber. Can't wait to get my arms around those little ones!