Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sleep-Away College

"Mom, I'm just letting you know...I'm not going to any 'sleep-away' college."

"Asher, you know you get to eat breakfast there," says Lucy.

"Mom, is that true?"

"Yes."

"Like cereal?"

"yes."

"like...sugar cereal?!"

"mmmmhmmm."

"Even marshmallow cereal? And pebble cereal? And fruit loops?"

"Yes Asher. You get to eat pretty much whatever you like at college."

"Sold! I'm going mom! I'll see you in four years!"

"Well...it doesn't quite work like that..."

(he stops paying attention while he dreams of ALL the cereal he will eat while I pay for that right.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hate to break it to you mom, but i was the same way. i actually toured a college and drooled over their cereal collection in one dining hall. and i was a senior in hs at the time.