Thursday, October 25, 2007

My new resolution


I have decided that I am DONE with raising my voice at Asher. It does nothing except for create a situation that is less than desirable. Also, he has begun to raise his voice BACK at me. It is not attractive and it makes me hate how I must sound to my kids.

I decided to start doing this yesterday and it has been remarkably effective. Instead of losing it, I have to take a deep breath and speak reasonably and in a quiet voice to Asher. He has to stop doing whatever it is that he is doing in order to hear me.

We'll see how long this lasts, but I am guessing that sometime changing things up on your kids is a effective as "time-out."

In other interesting news, when we went to get Asher up this morning (in his new big boy bed) he was surrounded by his own vomit.

Last night, he ate about a pound of carrots and sour cream veggie dips last night at dinner. I think this confirms his dairy sensitivity. He didn't eat much else last night and I don't think that his his stomach can take just eating dairy for dinner. Ughh. He has eaten cheese and smoothies a bunch in the last few weeks so I don't think that he is allergic. Just sensitive. He is acting perfectly fine and symptom free, so we know that his NOT sick. Thank the Lord.

But let me just tell you how gross it is to clean off vomit from every nook and cranny around his new bed.

No comments: