Monday, October 1, 2007

Live Kite Pimping

My boss, Stephen Lutz is launching a new website this fall. It is a Christian online networking community, called livekite.com and it is mainly focused on groups; such as Bible studies, small groups and churches.

It is similar to myspace and Facebook except that neither of these groups really offer much in what groups need such as calendar options, blogs, discussion boards etc.

I am working on a launch event that is happening next Tuesday night at The Grey Eagle in downtown Asheville. I really love all of the artists that are performing to support this website launch. What am I working on? I am doing all of the public relations work and so here is a sample of my press release that was sent to media outlets around Asheville on Friday:

ASHEVILLE, NC—The online community site, livekite.com announces a local networking music event called, “LiveKite Live” that will be held at the Grey Eagle on October 9th at 8pm with no cover charge. Local musicians including Derek & Kevin Stipe of Monday Morning, William F. Gibbs, Karl Ruch, Millie Palmer and Doss Church will be performing throughout the evening.


Two Asheville locals, Doss Church and Stephen Lutz, founded Livekite.com. The co-founders formerly worked together in magazine publishing and struck up a conversation about networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook.

“I joined Myspace in the early days and was fascinated by the concept and the rapid growth. I also saw what a great business plan it was,” said Doss Church, president of LiveKite.com. “Before long I realized that there were gaps in the Myspace model where Christian groups should be.”

“As we were planning the development of the site we talked a lot about providing a way for bands and fans to connect,” said Church. “Partly because Stephen and I are both big music fans ourselves but also because we felt like it would be important to a lot of people on the site.”

An Event for Musicians and Fans

“I had been involved with some singer/songwriter in-the-round events in Nashville,” said Church. “I knew how fun they could be for everyone and thought we could do something similar with a few hand-picked Livekite artists.”

The purpose of LiveKite Live is to thank local supporters, in addition to hosting an event where members of the website can meet and socialize in person rather than just have an Internet relationship.

“LiveKite Live is an event that is taking online community into the real world”, said Stephen Lutz, co-founder of livekite.com. “We hope that this event will create a local community around our website and get people excited about local musicians.”

Singer/songwriters will perform acoustic versions of their original tunes currently featured on Livekite.com. The format will be casual and intimate as the artists sit on stage together, interacting with one another and the audience as they each play 2-3 of their favorite originals.


LiveKite Live will be on Tuesday, October 9th from 8-10:30pm at The Grey Eagle on Clingman Avenue.


I am really posting this on my blog to see if my GoogleAlert works and to see if it will get picked up by other sources. Wish me luck! Also, feel free to come to the event and check out the site-sign up even! This is the way that I make money, so thanks for helping me out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool, Leslie! And I think Jeannie dated Doss in college (I mean, I think they went out one time). That name just sounds too familiar.

She'll kill me for putting that comment on here.

Buff

Anonymous said...

Livekite is a gorgeous looking website. I will definitely go to the grey eagle tonight to check out all the killer music that is on the site. thanks for posting.