Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Sweet Husband

I have to use today as a reason to brag on my husband. For the last thirteen days, Matt has left little Valentines on my pillow before I go to bed and they are hilarious. And very cute. Matt picked up a box of Nascar Themed: Jeff Gordon, #24 valentines and they make me laugh for several reasons. 1) Who knew that someone else would want to buy Jeff Gordon themed valentines. 2) They have sayings on them like, "You're #1 Valentine" with Gordon holding his hands up high and "You take 1st place Valentine" or "To a Friend Who Can't be Beat!" But the best part has been that Matt has written little notes on the inside of the valentines that are along the same lines. For example; "To a lady who's prettier than a new set of tires." or To: A woman who's hotter than the pavement at Daytona." or my personal favorite, "To: The lady with the best paint and body scheme."
He has made me laugh every night for the last thirteen days with these little gifts. It has been awesome. The irony of it all is that we just got to spend $1500 on the Jeep in car repairs!

I love Matt more than anything and I could not imagine my life without him. It is crazy to think that we have been together for seven years and married for five Valentine's Days. It makes me think of a quote from Elizabeth Bowen, "When you love someone,all your saved-up wishes start coming out." And it is so true. I have a life I never could have dreamed up by myself, it required Matt to make me even realize my wishes and to see them fulfilled. How great is that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post, Leslie! It just made me smile--Matt is sooo crazy! I love your new blogsite. We kept Addie for the whole weekend and took her to her 1st Carolina game--trying our best to brainwash! HA! I will send you pics from the weekend!
Love, Judy

Anonymous said...

two words:

presh. head.

more words:

glad. it's. not. ed.