Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend Recap




We didn't do anything exceptionally fun this weekend. We just took care of our house and crap that as an adult you have to do. Here is what we did:

Friday night: Matt and I went on a date to Bonefish Grill. Yummy Bang Bang Shrimp. If you haven't been, you must go with your sweetie and eat this appetizer. It is so stinkin' good, I dream about it. After dinner, we went to Circuit City and Best Buy to take a look at digital cameras. Matt and I decided that we want to give each other a really nice camera for our birthdays. So we are trying to decide if we want a smaller camera like an Elph or a fuller bodied camera like the Canon Powershot S2. We didn't buy anything, we are just doing the research!
We came home to our friend Jenn Wisecarver who was babysitting along with Tim Curlett watching "Men at Work" with Emelio Estevez and Charlie Sheen. We all started watching it as a joke, but ended up all watching it until 1am. Ridiculous.

Saturday: We hung around the house all day, I cleaned out Lucy's closet. We have received so many hand me down clothes and I haven't organized any of it. So I finally did it! I made two runs to Goodwill and one to Ellen Troyer's to drop off all of her girl clothes. I am feeling really good about Lucy's closet (how much of a nerd am I?) Matt got a load of mulch and power washed our rocking chairs that have gotten disgusting after the long winter outside. I got my car washed at the amazing Gorilla Car Wash. We grilled steaks for dinner and Lucy went to be early, 9pm and slept all night long! HOORAY!

Sunday: We watched the kids at church on Sunday. It was great! After we came home, Asher took a nap, Lucy took a nap and then she and I went grocery shopping. We tried to go the Y, but childwatch was full and so we just left and went on a family walk. It was chilly, but fun because the North Buncombe Girls Soccer team was having a spaghetti supper so we stopped in there to say hi, then we ran into the Broadways on a walk and then we stopped at Beth Williams and Kristen Neely's house. Beth got in a really bad accident at Windy Gap on the giant swing last weekend and we haven't been able to stop in and see her, so that was really good. She just had surgery to repair her collarbone and pins put in her pinky. It was a freak accident where a camper knocked her off of the platform as she was trying to get them down. Hopefully, we will get to hang out some this week. Then we came home and it was a zoo because Matt had to get to Campaigners, dinner needed to be cooked. Lucy was going bananas because she was so hungry and tired and I needed to feed Asher. Plus, even though we spent the day on Saturday cleaning the house, it was a disaster again.
I was really sad because the Oscars were on and my two favorite people to watch the awards with weren't here. My sister doesn't live here, but if she did...we would watch every awards show and be quite happy commenting on everyone together. My other favorite person to watch with is Robin Plemmons. She is quite possibly the funniest person I know, so it is always a good time. But she was at a wedding. But then as I was feeling sad, Becca and Ann Marie showed up after watching the Amazing Race at Hampton's so we could watch the Oscar's on Tivo! It was great to watch with these fun girls and laugh at the ridiculousness that is Hollywood. My two comments from the show are:
1. Why did all of the women wear their hair on the side? Nicole Kidman, Gwenyth Paltrow, Jennifer Hudson. They all looked like 80's throwbacks (Especially Cameron Diaz's weird dress)
2. Too many montages and salutes to whoever picked their nose the longest in Hollwood. We need the major awards before midnight please.

So I went to bed exhausted from staying up too late and Asher decided that he needed to be awake from 1-4am. Sweet. Matt got up with him for most of the time, but then he ran out of patience and I took over. Asher went right to sleep with me. It was kind of like when you spend 20 minutes trying to open up a jar and someone walks in the kitchen and just turns the lid. You make a stupid comment like, "I loosened it for you!" because it was so easy for them and it makes you mad. That's what happened at 3:30am with our son. Matt was not happy.

This is a really long post and so I am going to get off of here. But just to tie you over, here is are some fun pics:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, so i wanna know about slappey sloan in a diaper???? wassup with that????

Unknown said...

I just thought it was a funny picture! Matt put it on her and we laughed so hard at her...she was not happy!

Michelle said...

3 words: best blog ever.

Michelle said...

I think you may have inspired me to embark on a closet-cleaning/organizing project of my own. Doesn't it feel SO good when you organize a space & can see tangible results?
Both Peter and Sarah's closets are a DISASTER at the moment. They're full of clothes that they've both outgrown and hand-me-downs that are too big. Time to get organized and ready for warmer weather. By the way, have you seen the "Mini Boden" catalog? Such cute stuff!!!! Love ya!