Saturday, December 29, 2007

And We're Back! No, not really



Well, we have internet access...so we are back in the able to receive and send emails as well as blog about all of the interesting and amazing things that we are doing! HAHA
We had a crazy Christmas at Matt's parents house. It was really fun, but I will give you the rundown:
8 kids under the age of 5
6-month old twins
4-week old newborn
6 kids on medication for their various ailments
4 kids on antibiotics
1 case of strep throat
2 hospitilizations (Matt's mom on Christmas eve and our newborn nephew Sam with RSV), both very scary...both healthy and fine now.
We didn't spend two nights in a row sleeping the same place for six straight nights.
One cancelled flight to Denver, one rescheduled flight to Denver. 24 hours of trying to rebook the flight in order to land one hour earlier in order to make it to club. 
Instead, we drove through blowing snow on the "Kenosha pass" which is one of the coldest, darkest and scariest roads in America. Especially when you are driving in a front wheel drive car with two kids and six hundred pounds of luggage in the back. 
But ahh, we made it to Young Life's Trail West. It is our first time here and I have to tell you, I love it. It is truly a GIANT lodge with so much to do and see. Plus, there is about a foot of snow on the ground, a great fire in the fireplace and all the hot chocolate that you can stomach. I can safely say, I would recommend this trip to anyone with kids. Who are over three. 
The ski slopes that are nearest by were freezing. I am not lying when I tell you it was 20 below with the windchill by the end of our time there. 
Lucy's glove would not stay on and she nearly lost her hand to frostbite by the time we got from the lodge to the car. Not really, but she acted like her hand was about to fall off for a good 45 minutes.

 
It is beautiful here and we are so happy to be in this lovely place for the next few nights. I will take as many pictures as I can! FYI: It is easier to upload to flickr, so click on my badge in order to see more complete pictography of our travels!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow--that does look like a lot of fun in the snow! With kids though...ahhh...kind of tough. I mean, whenever I prep the kids to play in the snow at home it's a TON of work and those durn mittens just never seem to stay put! Anyway, enjoy and check in when you can. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I know that this is going to be a great week! How can it not? The beauty of God's creation and a terriffic group of faithfilled friends! I'm glad you're there safely and I can catch up on all the great pics of my grands!
love ya
Mom