Saturday, July 27, 2013

YL camp

It's true. I flew home from Colorado to get on a bus to come back to Colorado. For the best week of my life! Ahem, the best week of my high school friends lives!

I have a cabin full of the coolest girls you'd ever meet and we have endured a 30-hour bus trip and now we are at camp! 
It is so much fun to be here, you have no idea. Amazing meals, deep talks, laughing hard at things like misheard song lyrics, farting in public, getting the Snookie bump in your hair at 35---it might be the best week of my life after all. 

Also, I get to be in a cabin with Natalie Knauer. One of my best friends since I got married 13 years ago. 
It's going to be a great week. I love Crooked Creek and I'm so glad to show it to all of my friends! 
Why are we doing this? Read this quote below. It's a good summary:

"To worship God means to serve God. Basically there are two ways to do it. One way is to do things for God that God needs to have do have done--run errands for God, carry messages for God, fight on Gods side, feed Gods lambs, and so on. The other way is to do things for God that you need to do-sing songs for God, create beautiful things for God, give things up for God, tell God what's on your mind and in your heart, in general rejoice and make a fool of you yourself for God the way lovers have always made fools of themselves for the one they love." 
--Frederick Buechner, Beyond Words

No comments: