Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Today!


Since this week, Youth For Christ is renting out Crooked Creek; most of the assigned team has no job! So the agreement is that the A-Team will take on other jobs around camp for three days of the week and have the rest of the week off. So today, Matt and I traded. He took the kids and I went and worked in the laundry for half of the day and led the mountain bike trips for the rest of the afternoon. We folded over 300 fitted and flat sheets, along with towels, pillowcases and the work crew's personal laundry-all this morning. But it was so much fun to learn HOW to fold a fitted sheet with precision. I will give a tutorial tomorrow. Then we took over the bikes. It was so much fun! About ten minutes into the ride, we saw a moose with two calves out in the middle of the field. Moose sightings are much sought after around camp and I was one of the few who got to see one. And with twin calves! They were about 500 yards away. After about five minutes of staring, we realized that we might be in charging territory and should probably be on our way. About that time, the moose realized the same thing and moved on her way. It was incredible. Almost as incredible as spending the whole day away from my kids and loving every single minute of it.

BTW: this is not my picture. I was not brave enough to bring my camera on the ride.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there leslie,
it's amy noll popping in to say hi. i got back to america yesterday and thought i would check your blog this morning. glad i did. boy i severly dislike jetlag. 2, 8 hour plane rides plus a small 2 hr one are not fun with three small children (my cousins). they were good for the most part but the 2 1/2 year old boy got out of control on the second one. before last night i had slept like 1 hr in the past like 35. but we are back now and it feels great. i do already miss Uganda so much. we are in atlanta right and my aunt is at debriefing and i have the kids in the hotel room. well it sounds like your assignment has been fun and interesting. that's so cool about the moose and calves. i remember the two assignments we had there there was just one single moose that liked to hang out around the lake area in camp and it was always a game to see who could spot the moose. fun times. well i can't wait to tell you all about my summer.it was so incredible as well as extremely intertaining. i sure do miss you guys. reading about your awesome assignment made me think about last summer. *tear*.
i am going to see if i can plan a trip out your way this fall sometime if that would be ok for you. still have to run that one by my mother. i start applying for college when i get home in two weeks. exciting. let me know when you get home from CC. i would like to call you sometime and catch up. glad to hear you and the fam are doing well. hope you enjoy the rest of your time there. your kids just keep getting cuter and cuter. tell them as well as matt hello for me love y'all. praying for y'all daily. :)

-amy

Unknown said...

Hey Leslie - I too know how to properly fold a fitted sheet thanks to my month in the laundry room at Trail West. It changed my life!

Buff

Jeannie said...

How fun to catch up with y'all at camp. Looks incredible.
I'm a little slow with the blogging thing, and am sad that I've missed out for so long. I'm looking forward to reading more often.
We miss you and are praying for you!
Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Leslie, I am so excited about the fitted sheet tutorial----in 36 years of marriage, I have never been able to figure out how to fold a fitted sheet properly!!!

Thanks for inspiring my girls to become "bloggers"!!! I just LOVE IT!!!!

Love to you all,
Judy