Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Product Placement


I was in the aisles of a local health food grocery store last week and I really wanted a Diet Coke. But that is plain silly since we all know that Diet Coke is NOT health food. Let's not kid ourselves.

So I was drawn by the good marketing and design of the Metromint bottle. I am a sucker for cool looking products. But also, I know that lemon water is a natural diuretic and makes your bowels get motivated. I am a big fan of that as well and so I bought a bottle.

Ya'll this is the best stuff that I have ever had to drink!
Really, no kidding. I love it. The version that I love is the Lemonmint water.
Normally, I HATE flavored water. Because really, how much flavoring does it need? It's water.
But, this is so refreshing. I actually felt more awake after I drank it than I ever do when I drink Diet Coke.

I love it, love it, love it.
Go find some now and try it out. Here is what a bottle looks like:


And you can visit their website and find out where you can buy some at Metromint.com

3 comments:

Ed said...

Tried it... meh.

Actually, I tried the straight-up mint water, and about 3/4 of the bottle is still in our fridge a month later. It tastes like mint, alright-- mint right out of your yard, with no refinement or sweetness.

Maybe (hopefully?) the Lemon-Mint is better. Perhaps I'll give it a try.

But I will give you this: the packaging is beautiful.

robin said...

well- i'll HAVE to try it, now.

gotta see what all the hype is about.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your post, Leslie! We really appreciate your support and are happy to be an alternative to your fav diet soda. We know that our Peppermint variety (the blue one) has the most mint, so it might be strong for some...but the Spearmint, Cherrymint, Lemonmint, Orangemint and Chocolatemint all decrease in their mintyness respectively. ;)

Thanks for the kudos on the package...and if ed and rawbin are good friends of yours, have them email me. I'd love to know what they think about the (next) variety they try!

Take care and remember, STAY HYDRATED!
Michele
Wellness & Outreach Director
METROMINT http://metromint.typepad.com/