Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Dream Home


Matt and I found our dream home last night. It is about $30k outside of our highest end price range. But I love it. I love it with a passion that is not to be placed upon a house. It is a 1920's farm house in West Asheville. The owners are selling it themselves. We went and walked through it today. We both know that the price is very fair and that there is great potential to add value to the house in the next few years. The yard is great. The house has 9 foot ceilings and the master bedroom has nine windows in it. The owner called it her tree house room. Arggh, it is so great! So what is the problem? The owners don't want to sell it to someone who will have to have a clause in the contract about selling their own home. They just want to sell it outright without any clauses. We can't do that since we haven't even put our house on the market, nor is it ready to go on the market right now. But if we were sufficiently motivated, we could possibly get it on the market in the next two weeks. But that doesn't guarentee we would be able to sell it by the time that we closed on this other too expensive house. But it is perfect. Perfect size, perfect location, perfect little details. It is not super perfect, I mean we would have to paint and do some work on the house. And it is too expensive. But other than that...I could just imagine raising our kids in this house. It is irrational to love a house like this. What are we to do?



2 comments:

Michelle said...

That house is gorgeous! And boy do I understand loving a house beyond what is reasonable. After moving into our home (2 yrs ago this summer) I still smile every time I come down the driveway and see my beautiful house.
Loving your house is an extension of loving yourself and your family. It is a place where memories are made and dreams are realized....along with the numerous trips to the hardware store or hours keeping up the yard.
What about a bridge loan to cover the time between the closing on the new and the selling of the old? In any case, whatever happens is what is meant to be.
I do love all those windows in the Master BR and the picture of the foyer definitely says "home" to me.

JF said...

WOW! That is so pretty! I will be praying for you and the home...

And you know that if it's meant to be... then it's meant to be!

The Lord will provide!