Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring Break Oh-Ate


Last Thursday, me and six of my girlfriends took off for a bliss-filled four days in Panama City Beach, Florida. Well, not really four days. Since it takes about 10 hours to get there (seriously) it counts as three nights, two days on the beach, two days in the car. But three morning to sleep without someone appearing two inches from my face at 6:30 in the morning saying, "hey mommy. I'm awake. I have poo-poo."
So, it was COMPLETELY worth it. I actually pulled a muscle in my side from laugh so hard. I don't think that has happened to me since college.

Just a note to you, if we are in the planning stages of a trip like this again, you will want to shower me with presents, love and affection to try to join us. This is pretty much the funniest group of women I have ever had the pleasure of being around.


One of the best parts of the trip was that everyone was married. It is not a slam to you if you are single. It was the first time that I have ever been on a trip where everyone was married. I just want to let you know, it is very different from a "mixed experience" type of trip. You know that whole phrase, "one flesh, not ashamed"? Well...it applied to every aspect of this trip. We all owe Robin Plemmons a debt of gratitude for breaking our conservative little private lives wide open! No matter how buttoned up and conservative you think you are, she has a way of making you think that driving down the strip and flashing your boobs for beads would make your husband proud.

We absolutely did nothing of the sort. But we did flash each other.


The beach was beautiful. The weather was great. We played speed scrabble and dominoes all day and all night. I wouldn't trade those four days for anything.

In case you don't love my summary of the weekend, you can visit Robin's blog and you can see that I am not the only one who had a good time.

Now that I am back, I am having quite a bit of trouble getting into the swing of life. I feel like I did in college, when you are a week away from finals, but all you can think about is what you are going to do once finals are over and you have the whole summer stretching out in front of you.

Except, I don't have finals and well, summer and vacation are not exactly reality anymore. But our summer at Windy Gap is quickly approaching. Yesterday marked the one month countdown until we arrive. I can hardly wait!

No comments: