Monday, January 18, 2010

Winter, What Wrath You Hath Wrought

This is about the only good thing to come of the cold. Adorable child looking even more adorable.

I admit it.
I moved to the South to escape feeling cold all the time.

I was cold ALL the time in high school.
And warm, sunny HOT freaking HOT Columbia, South Carolina was right up my alley.

The temperature in the last couple of weeks has bugged me.
I am cranky.
I don't have time or energy to get into it all here, but this week in particular has been especially cranky.

But this sign, from when we went to the swamp over Christmas for a hike-reminded me of the sweet times that are to come in a few weeks (hopefully). Oh just think of when we can just go outside and get all bit to 'you-know-where' and LIKE IT.

I would rather like to feel a mosquito war zone as opposed to the personality war zone that has been in my little neck of the woods. But spring will be here soon and I will be lamenting that rainy cruddy muddy weather perhaps? Or will everything feel fresh, new and full of hope? Gosh I hope so.






No comments: