Thursday, August 5, 2010

Promises Promises

I haven't shared this with you yet, but I am going to New York City with some girlfriends of mine in two weeks.
We have been conspiring for a trip together for over a year and we are doing it-DANGIT-in TWO WEEKS.
And I am really excited.

We booked ourselves to see Promises, Promises on Broadway. Which is an older show that is being redone now with my favorite Kristin Chenoweth and Sean Hayes.
My sister is joining us for the night and it is going to be glorious. Three days, no kids, no nothing...just New York City and me.

If you live in New York City and you are a friend of mine say because I went to high school there: I love you. I really really do. But I am not visiting you. I am hanging out in Manhattan. And this has nothing to do with Jersey Shore. This has to do with this being the longest summer of my life. And I have to escape for three days. IN NEW YORK CITY!

And I just WAAAAAY more excited about the trip when I saw this video from the New York Post that just so totally shows off the talents of Tony Award winning Kristin Chenoweth:
Don't hate, just think about the fact that I can only wish that my voice would sound half as good as Kathy Griffin's when I sing and my fantasy is exactly the same as hers. Sit there and let K.C. sing behind me while I lip sync.
I could do it. I really could.

2 comments:

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

I won't be crazy with jealousy if you promise me that you'll pull out the Flip and get me some footage of Sean and Kristin in action. Pleeeeeeease?

chicky b said...

these streets will make you feel brand new,
the lights will inspire you,
lets hear it for New York