Friday, February 1, 2008

Day 1


I ran 35 minutes and managed to go 4.15 miles. It is actually the farthest that I have been able to run in that amount of time-so this little experiment helped me to push myself further than ever!

My shuffle mix however was no help what-so-ever. Most of the songs stunk today, but for two exceptions and here they are:

Surprise Motivating Song of the Day?
Always Be My Baby-Mariah Carey

This song is so fun and the drum beat is exactly what my running cadence was, so everytime my foot hit the treadmill I was on beat. It was a great motivator to keep up with the song around the 20 minute mark.

Obvious Song of the Day?
Eye of the Tiger-Survivor

I got off of the treadmill and headed over to the mats to do some abs and Eye of the Tiger came on. Where was that song when I was at 8.5mph and I had been running for 28 minutes? Instead, The Rising by Bruce Springsteen came on. It is a nice song but a bit slow. It was great for the cool down, but I would have much rather had Eye of the Tiger in the final two minutes of a hard run. This song is on everyone's running mix and so I wouldn't normally put it on here because I am looking for the surprising-makes-you-want-to-run-hills songs. This one is too obvious. But it did the trick during abs and push-ups.

Weight?
You'll have to "weight" until tomorrow. Ugh. That was in honor of Mark Sloan, my father-in-law. 


No comments: