Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our house on Ice


Last night the weather turned nasty here. Starting around 6pm we were getting some freezing rain, it changed over to snow around 10pm and the snow fell all night long and intermittently during the day today.

As I was going to bed last night, I walked into our room and it was FREEZING. Typically, our room is the coldest in the house, but it was unusually cold. I thought it was because we had left the blinds open during the dark hours and went to bed. I woke up about an hour later and asked Matt to turn up the thermostat. He did.

Around 6am, Asher woke up wanting his pacifier (yes, he still sleeps with a pacifier) and I had to find it. As I went back to bed, I checked the thermostat and it said "62". That's right, 62 freakin' degrees INSIDE my house. To some of you experiencing, ahem "the change" that might sound like heaven, but with two kids in the middle of the winter...this was not good. So I did a double-take and somehow our furnace got turned off! OFF. As in no HEAT in the middle of a snow storm. Granted, we only received an inch of snow, but the high is supposed to be 29 today. Fahrenheit.

I turned the heat back on and went to bed. It is now 1:30 and the house has just gotten back up to its optimal temperature of 70. Yikes. I was shivering all night long, I can only imagine just how cold my kids were! Thankfully they were both wearing blanket sleeper pajamas. If you don't know what these are, picture footy jammys that are fleece. I think that they were still cozy all night. Not so much for me.

1 comment:

Anderson, Party of Five! said...

Uhhh, no sympathy here. It's 68 in our house right now and that feels cozy compared to outside. We will be lucky if the snow in our yard melts by June. I'm not kidding.
Hope you guys are doing well!!