Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pollen Counts Are High


It's pollen season again and that can only mean one thing. Feeling like crap.

Only not for me.
When I was pregant...two springs in a row; I had to come up with some other solution to allergy medicine because you can't take any. (Reason #404 to not get pregnant again) and I discovered the Neti Pot.

Well, a pharmacy version of the Neti Pot.
What is a Neti Pot?
You mix uniodized salt with lukewarm water and you pour it into your sinus and out the other side of your nostril comes whatever is clogging you up.

In short. It is a disgusting miracle.
Even the New York Times says so.

See: New York Times
If you are pregnant, or an allergy sufferer; I would suggest giving this method a try this season. I have had almost no problems in two years since I started using a Neti Pot/FreshAire methodology mostly because it washes out all pollen from my sinus before I go to bed. It is amazing. Amazingly disgusting. Seriously, you can't do this around other people. But you do feel like a million bucks when you are done.

Give it a whirl. If it doesn't work, I will refund you the $3.33 it might cost you to try it.

PS: that ain't my picture.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I had the worst sinus infection ever earlier this year, and the neti pot saved my life. I will double that refund for anyone that tries it.

Nichole said...

I've tried it before. And apparently there is something wrong with me, because I poured the stuff in and it didn't go all the way through. I'm either too congested or my sinus parts are all messed up. (Ugh!)

kristi said...

I nearly drowned myself this winter with my netipot :)