Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Have Issues

In the last few weeks, I have realized that I am not alone in my problems with people eating around me. A few friends have come out of the closet and told me that they too cannot stand when people eat things like, oranges near them.

A new item has emerged that makes me insane. Cereal. Dry cereal. That Asher eats every single morning. I can hear him eating it no matter where I am in the house.

This morning he had to eat in my room because we had a full house and I had him sit at the end of my bed because I could not tolerate him being anywhere near my ear. After 30 minutes, I asked him to close his mouth...for the 30th time.

And you want to know what he told me?

"I can't. I have to chomp my cereal like a crocodile."


The Lord is doing something to break me. I know it.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Leslie,
I too struggle with people eating loudly. Namely my husband. I love him, but God bless him he eats SO freaking loud. Chips really are the thing that get me. It's been a source of contention in our marriage now for 4 1/2 yrs. But yes, dry cereal would be in my top five. oh, apples and carrots are others. Really anything crunchy that you have to bite into...I could go on but I will spare. Let's make sure to sit by each other a lot when we are together next and eat very quietly.