Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A New Day


Today I dropped the kids off at their nursery school.
It a sweet little place in a church and the ladies that run it; they mean well. It isn't an academic environment by any stretch of the imagination. But it is social and they do arts and crafts and generally have a good time there.

This morning, Lucy got moved out of the "toddler" room to the 2-year-old room. Because she is talking "too much" for the toddlers.

Can you see me smiling?

It is a hilarious problem to have, two children that incessantly communicate to me. It also exhausts the ears. They didn't have school last week and I was very glad to get to drop them off this morning in their new classes. Asher is now in the three's and Lucy is in the two's. Just four months ago, Asher was still in the two's. It is crazy that she is catching up with him so quickly.

The sweetest moment of the morning was when I picked them up, Asher's teacher said that Asher heard Lucy talking in the class next door. He turned to the teacher and said, "That's my Lucy girl. Where is my little Lucy girl?" And he left the room to go find her.

There are times when I love my kids so much my heart might burst.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!

So, I was an assistant in the toddler room at church this weekend, and there was a little girl in there who I thought I recognized, but I couldn't figure out why. And as I was reading this, it dawned on me: It was Lucy!

Unknown said...

Are you kidding me? That is crazy! You will have to make sure that we meet face to face this weekend!

Unknown said...

that is adorable! What a sweetie