Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Shout Out

If you haven't downloaded iTunes 8.0 yet...go do it now.
Over the weekend, I discovered the genius of the Genius setting in iTunes 8 and I love it passionately. For example? I have been loving the song Mr. Brightside by the Killers for running. I clicked on the song, then clicked on the Genius button and a whole playlist was created from my library of music of like minded songs. I decided to give it a listen while running today and I pumped out 4 miles in 32 minutes. 8 minute miles people. Not nearly as fast as I was in college, but for a 30-year old mom...I'll take it.

Mr. Brightside-The Killers
Don't Look Back in Anger-Oasis
Dare You to Move -Switchfoot
Lovesong -The Cure
Bigger Than My Body-John Mayer
We're Going to Be Friends-The White Stripes
Hurt-Nine Inch Nails
Ocean Breathes Salty-Modest Mouse
Blister In The Sun -Violent Femmes
Don't Speak- No Doubt
Laid -James
Born to Run-Bruce Springsteen
Don't Panic-Coldplay
Buddy Holly-Weezer
Caring Is Creepy-The Shins
Elevation-U2
Someday-The Strokes

Pretty much, awesomeness after awesomeness.
Check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law told me about the Genius thing a few days ago, and I still haven't downloaded 8.0. What's my problem? (Laziness.)

That's a great running playlist. Most White Stripes songs are great for working out. And "Born to Run" is one of my favorite road-trip songs.