Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Can Almost Taste It-10 Days

10 Days. 10 DAYS. 
That's a week and a half. 

I was running yesterday and I remembered how intimidated I was by all of the days of running I had ahead of me when I started. 
And here I am. 
A week and a half away from the race. And the training is completed. I am simply running every day just to keep my body loose. And to look forward to the race and the finish line. It made me think of this verse.

"I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize"… Philippians 3:13

In my life with Christ, I have not achieved anything worth noting. I have to press forward, forgetting the past and look forward to what lies ahead.

 In my life with running, all I have done is trained. Which is an accomplishment however-IT IS NOT THE RACE ITSELF. Just the preparations. 
It's almost enough to make you exhausted. Is it all for nothing? NO WAY. The race is the best part! With God and in reality. It's the easy part. There is refreshment, people cheering you on, music, adrenaline. It's also when all the training gets puts to the test. And you have to further than you ever have before. You have to go the distance. 

"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

And everyone wants to cross the finish line. 
Even those who haven't put in the training. Or been prepared for the race. 
We have to work up to the idea that we CAN do this. 
Check out this video:

ING NYC Marathon Week from Infinite Media on Vimeo.

If you can get the idea that YOU CAN get to the finish line, then you will want to start the race. 
It's an idea that builds. ING knows that. New York Road Runners knows that. Jesus knows that. 

Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Hebrews 12:1

No comments: