Sunday, October 27, 2013

Support Your Marathoner-7 DAYS!

One week until race day! I've been reflecting on my last race and for sure, the hardest part of the Asheville City Marathon last month was the fact that there was no crowd support. No friends. Matt had to drag our kids out of bed at 6:30 in pajamas to get them down to the race. AND he had to bribe them with Bojangles (he wasn't sad about that).

Crowd support is HUGE to a runner. 
I've been running by myself for nearly 16 weeks now. On race day, I'm not interested in doing that any more. 

But it is a big deal to ask friends and family to take on the expense of going to NYC to cheer me on. Check out what ASICS is offering! 

It's called http://www.supportyourmarathoner.com/ 
You go to this website and you can enter my bib number. When I cross a line, it will automatically trigger a video or picture message from YOU while I'm on the course! Isn't that cool? 

Here is a video about it:



I don't know if any of you will do it, but it would be a HUGE surprise if anybody does!

Another cool detail of just how big and awesome this race is. They think of the coolest things that add value for runners!
My bib # is 25206 and I think that's all you need! www.supportyourmarathoner.com

No comments: