Friday, October 18, 2013

The Fans-15 Days!

I am definitely looking forward to having the multitudes of crowd support to get me through this race.
As I've been reflecting on the race, I was getting a little bummed about there being nearly 2 million spectators and knowing a handful of people throughout the race.

It is going to be so awesome to have this face to cheer me on:

And of course these faces:

and THESE faces:

And this year because my brother Drew lives in New Jersey, he'll be there too! 


But in the face of 2 million people, it is tough to think that I'm even going to SEE them! 

Then I heard from the charity that there are volunteers from Inheritance of Hope that are all along the race course that will be looking for my charity shirt and cheering for me! How cool is that? Another incredible benefit of running a race with charity. It's running on a TEAM of people that are pulling for you! 

Like a cloud of witnesses. 
Hebrews 12:1

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him (ME) endured the cross."

BUH-BAM. 

Get ready people. The crowds are the cloud of witnesses. Look at it that way and you will never been the same. 

It is such a picture of Heaven. I can not wait. For the race and for Heaven. 
Let's run this race. 



2011 ING NYC MARATHON - THE FANS from rook productions media on Vimeo.

Also, I will have the signs to look forward to. Just laugh.













No comments: